Sr. Research Associate- Molecular & Cell Bio
Immediate openings are available for Research Associates in Molecular and Cell Biology. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. The primary responsibility of this position will be in the design, development, and execution of assays to be used for small molecule library screening. A key component of the position will be to provide regular, high quality assay results to other team members and troubleshoot and develop approaches to optimize experimental procedures. The successful candidate will work with some direct supervision of a Senior Scientist.
- Independently execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under supervision.
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data
- Troubleshoot experiments, suggest improvements to supervisor
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard.
- BA/BS or M.S degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or Cell Biology
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience working in a laboratory research environment.
- Must have experience with design and developing cell based assays
- Broad practical experience and knowledge in common methods involving mammalian cell tissue culture including flow cytometry, ELISA, luminescence/fluorescence-based assays.
- Experience with use of fluorescent microscopy and high content analysis is an advantage.
- Experience with use of data analysis software and electronic lab notebooks
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate results.