Area Marketing Manager- East Region
Conceptualizes and implements lifecycle management strategy for brand. Ensures optimization of brand P&L. Provides input for business development/alliance projects. Aligns thought leader (TL) interactions with dermatology strategic objectives. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops, implements, and maintains accountability for interactions and feedback with key regional opinion leaders across the US. Must be able to interact effectively with national and regional key opinion leaders and be able to confidently represent AbbVie's interest while searching for solutions that ultimately improve patient care. Must identify emerging TL, both physicians and mid-levels, to expand the AbbVie footprint in the dermatology space. Must work effectively with professional and patient societies, including American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF), as well as develop new relationships with local/regional advocacy organizations.
- Responsible for specific geographical areas of the country, understanding market drivers, competitive landscape, and provider dynamics. Translates local area business needs into local strategies while informing national marketing plan.
- Works to develop strategic and tactical plans individualized for TLs and ensures consistent tactical execution throughout the year to drive key business initiatives as measured by key performance indicators.
- Develops and articulates effective marketing strategies that are impactful, executable, easily communicated, and clinically/financially supported for areas of responsibility (product/indication/channel).
- Manages ad boards, speaker programs, meetings, and medical education projects within assigned budget. Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness and efficiency of key tactics. Effectively manages projects to deliver high-quality work in a timely fashion (meets deadlines). Ensures that regulatory guidelines are followed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry information sources (MD/Channel level data, audits/secondary data and primary research). Uses appropriate data sources to evaluate effectiveness of promotional tactics and develop business strategy.
- Conduct joint field calls with sales team to provide assistance, analyze customer needs, market trends and competitive information. Responsible for obtaining optimal frequency to targeted TLs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years of sales/marketing or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically, significant health care experience. Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions.
- Experience with Healthcare Provider (HCP) related activities.
- excellent project management and communication capabilities, strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, strong collaboration and team orientation. Experience developing and implementing a conceptual framework and taking tactics from concept through execution. Experience accomplishing results through others and influencing others. Experience negotiating and strong-interpersonal communication skills. Understanding of sales organization. Knowledge of market trends and competitive practices.