Pharmaceutical Research Associate
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Pharmaceutical Research Associate to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in South San Francisco, CA.
Pharmaceutical Research Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Basic understanding of GMP and GLP procedures.
- Fundamental knowledge of proteins and antibodies; specific experience with protein formulation a plus.
- Data analysis experience (e.g. Excel, Matlab, Jmp or other programs).
- General wet lab skills including protein chromatographic characterization (SEC, IEC, RP), UV-visible spectroscopy and colorimetric assays.
- Perform analysis of samples with a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays including HPLC, ELSD, icIEF, sub-visible particle counting, osmolality, capillary electrophoresis sodium dodecyl sulfate (CE-SDS).
- Prepare data for presentation and assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other groups within the department.
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data.
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems as needed.
- Initiate and perform investigations and development as needed.
- Develop and execute validation plans as needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong organizational, scientific, computational, communication and interpersonal skills. Highly organized, team oriented, dependable, a self-starter.
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry is required.
- Ability to conduct process characterization and validation experiments, design-of-experiment robustness studies, as well as assay qualification studies.
- Basic to advance analytical knowledge in characterizing proteins with HPLC-based chromatographic techniques, electrophoresis methods, spectroscopy, and other biophysical characterization techniques.
- Clinical lab experience and GMP/GLP knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and with a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and omply with company policies.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related degree concentration, with 1-2 years of industrial experience or 1-2 years of academic research experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.