If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognized, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider BioSpace.
BioSpace, Inc. is the leading online community for industry news and careers for life science professionals. For over 30 years, BioSpace has provided essential insights, opportunities and tools to connect innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe. Our team operates with a fun, entrepreneurial style that combines our passion & high-energy with an aggressive vision of growing BioSpace.
When you become a BioSpace team member, you join a company that provides an entrepreneurial atmosphere in which you will work together to develop and execute strategy to bring solutions to customers across the Life Sciences industry.
BioSpace has an exciting opportunity for a Content Editor to join our team and help us evolve our content strategy, manage our network of writers, and uncover major industry stories & topics in the biotech world. This role will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to help differentiate BioSpace in the marketplace through our content offerings.
In this position you will:
- Recruit and manage a network of freelance writers
- Proofread and edit news stories and feature articles
- Ensure that BioSpace editorial standards are maintained
- Provide gripping headlines for articles and newsletters
- Plan, prepare, and write exclusive features and special reports
- Manage and edit guest essays and opinion pieces
- Organize, edit and publish stories using a content management system (CMS)
- Work closely with different departments on content promotion strategies
- Proactively identify & recommend new content initiatives to management
- Develop and maintain relationships with PR media agencies, investment analysts, and other key industry sources
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar
- Provide editorial guidance to content team members
- Provide press coverage at key industry events
- Monitor news-gathering operations and keep abreast of industry news flow
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
- 4+ years of journalism experience with at least 2 years of editor experience
- Impeccable writing, editing, and organizational skills with obsessive attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical sector preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the AP Style Guide and copyediting
- Strong communication skills necessary, including the ability to explain needed editorial changes to writers and executives
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships with industry executives, PR agencies, investment analysts, and other key industry sources
- Proactive approach to identifying content opportunities
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, online publishing environment
- Working knowledge of SEO fundamentals
- Ability to work independently and collaborate freely with team members
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Reference, Background, and Credit Checks Required.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
BioSpace Human Resources