Scientist, Protein Sciences
Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
Nurix is a science-focused company that is committed to bringing novel, first-in-class therapies to patients. Nurix is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating E3 ubiquitin ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation – a function vital to the healthy life of a cell – offering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas. Nurix’s scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform to identify selective inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the development of novel therapeutics that can restore normal cellular homeostasis.
Nurix was founded by internationally recognized experts in the UPS field and received its initial funding from leading life science investors, Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. In 2015, Nurix entered into a multi-year strategic collaboration with Celgene to discover and develop next-generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis in oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno-oncology.
Nurix is based in San Francisco’s biotechnology hub, Mission Bay – where academia and industry come together for cutting-edge life-saving research.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist with expertise in Protein Sciences to join Nurix’s Discovery team.
You will provide scientific leadership in Nurix’s protein expression and purification efforts to support biochemical, biophysical and structural efforts. You will play a key role in the implementation of higher throughput methodologies to expand protein sciences capabilities. You will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities present findings to the project team and senior management.
You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into your work. You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field with 3+ years post-degree industry experience
- Expertise in construct design, protein expression & purification, and protein characterization pertinent to small molecule drug discovery
- Experience with protein production including multiprotein complexes in bacterial, baculovirus and mammalian expression systems
- Knowledge of expression platforms, purification systems and analytical techniques (e.g. Wave bioreactor, AKTA, HPLC/MS, TFF)
- Familiarity with the development of higher throughput methodologies and automated technologies for protein purification
- A strong track record (publications, industry experience) with excellent interpersonal skills
Please include a two-page research summary that highlights the above qualifications along with your resume and click "Apply Now"