Sr. Scientist Marketed Products
The Sr. Scientist, Marketed Products plays a key role within the PDI organization, supporting our existing product portfolio and product improvements. This individual will lead and be responsible for maintaining and improving the integrity of our product portfolio through R&D, production, and quality product improvement activities. Key focus areas will be product improvements, compliance, processes, risk mitigation and cost savings/value opportunities. The role will require working in partnership with cross functional team members, especially QA, RA and Manufacturing to ensure critical milestones are completed and deliverables met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work cross-functionally and will be R&D lead on project teams to deliver established milestones and objectives.
• Have understanding of EPA, FDA, GMP, GDP, and OTC processes and maintenance.
• Understand and communicate the impact of R&D activities to the business.
• Provide maintenance and technical support for PDI including but not limited to:
• Direct the routine evaluation of existing commercial products, including performance, stability testing, and claim support.
• Direct the evaluation of first production samples for new product launches, including performance and stability testing.
• Direct performance and stability testing on cost savings and risk mitigation projects and new supplier approvals.
• Provide support to Operations for production startups, quality improvements, and cost savings/risk mitigation projects.
• Provide support for new and existing claims on existing product portfolios and key product improvements.
• Respond to customer complaints and quality issues, competitors’ challenges and support legal inquiries concerning technical matters relating to products marketed within the a given business unit.
• Maintain good communication with Marketing, Supply, and PDI Management.
• Provide appropriate technical knowledge to work independently toward multiple project objectives within established timelines.
• Write technical documents, recommendations, and presentations documenting and supporting various project activities, including claim support.
• Ensure key documentation is completed (specifications, design files) prior to commercialization
• Manage, own, and execute technical timelines on respective project where ownership is required.
1. Support Environment of Care Product Development initiatives projected to contribute 2X in revenue growth and 4X in profit growth, launching in 2018 through 2020.
2. Ensure implementation of robust product development processes that provide for efficient and complaint work flows.
3. Responsible for generating and coordinating all documentation necessary to support product development process, including Design History Files for all products.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BS/BA degree in Chemistry or a related science and 7 years' experience, or MS/PhD degree in Chemistry or a related science and 3 years' experience in R&D, QE or similar in regulated industry environment.
* Experience working in a Quality, Regulatory or regulated laboratory environment supporting full life cycle product development.
* Ability to organize and structure information into formatted templates.
* Communicate with members of the R&D PD team to collaborate on project goals.
* EPA/FDA knowledge & experience essential.
* 10+ year's relevant experience in R&D.
* Previous experience of Wipes / NW / Packaging / formulation required / advantageous.
* Experience and/or proven track record of successful delivery of technical projects in Industry.
* Strong understanding of the product development and Change Control processes
* Computer literate (Outlook / Word / Excel)
* Able to influence cross-functional partners to gain support and alignment to ideas
* Adaptable learner
* Enjoys fast pace environment with varied work
* Intellectually curious. Always looking for new ways to improve products or processes
* Proven Project Management and leadership skills.
* Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to foster teamwork and promote an environment of achievement.
* Results-oriented and self-motivating.
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.