Genomics Scientist Position
Auransa Inc., formerly known as Capella Biosciences, is an AI-driven pharmaceutical startup focusing on developing precise medicines for cancer, aging, and other disorders. We are a group of veteran drug developers, data scientists, chemists, and more, who share the common purpose of developing treatments for serious human diseases in order to save lives and relieve suffering.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated biologist with deep expertise in gene expression data mining and biological interpretation to join our drug discovery team.
This person will be poring over data generated by Auransa’s AI engine and data scientists to interpret and translate results for the pre-clinical team. This position requires close collaboration with data scientists and the pre-clinical team to prioritize novel targets and biomarkers and identify mechanisms of actions through interpretation of gene expression outputs from our AI engine. The successful candidate has deep experience in the analysis of gene expression and other ‘omics data and have experience reducing the results to practice. This position offers an exciting opportunity to make a direct impact on the company’s drug discovery pipeline and to interact with all areas of the company, including business development and legal.
- Ph.D. degree in a biological field such as molecular biology, genetics or genome sciences, focusing on disease areas such as oncology, inflammation or neuroscience
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral research experience
- At least 4 years of wet lab experience
- Deep experience in interpreting gene expression and other omics data for biomarker, novel target and mechanism of action identification
- Strong track record of research productivity, with a strong publication record, especially in the area of gene expression in cancer or neurological diseases
- An understanding of bioinformatics methodologies, either by experience or as a minor degree
- Experience in oncology and/or neurological diseases in the industry
- Experience interacting with data scientists, bioinformaticians and drug developers
Please submit your cover letter and CV