The Maintenance Technician will provide multi craft, skilled maintenance support to Abbvie Lake County Facility, Utility, Manufacturing, and R & D laboratories assets. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Adhere to Abbvie's code of conduct and safety policies.
- Maintains the function of department assets to ensure production goals and quality standards are met.
- Independently performs senior level maintenance work including but not limited to; machine lubrication, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, plumbing/pipefitting and fabrication.
- Accurately documents all maintenance activity in CMMS.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of work experience related to any of the following: mechanical trades, electrical up to 480v, HVAC/R, PLC / Controls, Instrumentation, welding.
- Valid drivers license required
- Illinois Plumbers License
- Illinois Back Flow Preventer Certification a plus
- Must demonstrate proficiency in multiple skilled trade disciplines as defined by the department skills matrix.
- Knowledge and ability to apply proper hand tools in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic power tools (such as electric drills, drill press, saws, grinders, pneumatic and hydraulic tools).
- Ability to accurately use measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, scales).
- Assists in root cause investigation and reliability centered maintenance analysis.
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.