Sr. Oracle Developer
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. Description The Senior Oracle Developer, Data Solutions, Information Research is a critical technical role for AbbVie IT. This position provides a combination of thought leadership and execution in the ongoing design, development and delivery of AbbVie's Discovery and Preclinical Development data warehouses. This position provides the tactical IT leadership to achieve business and enterprise operating objectives, including support of key business solutions in the preclinical space. Key responsibilities include the technical stewardship for the Therapeutic Database (TDB) and the Preclinical Safety Data Warehouse (PCSDW), data integration hubs consolidating information across a number of disparate transactional systems within R&D. Responsibilities
- Accountable for overall IT stewardship for TDB and PCSDW. Ensure that ongoing development is aligned with overarching data strategy.
- Have the necessary skills and experience to both design and develop ETLs and materialized views.
- Possess technical proficiencies in relational database technologies to create and contribute to the design of conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Responsible for having a concise understanding of the end to end operational data warehouses, including system integrations, data quality and harmonization rules, as well as an understanding of downstream information consumption.
- Consult and influence on strategic business goals and objectives melding current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems with a understanding of preclinical research for competitive advantage.
- Drive and define technology objectives and recommend industry-leading solutions to support un-met business needs.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Assume accountability for the continued evolution of AbbVie's operational preclinical data warehouses.
- Interface with other IT groups to ensure successful alignment and enablement of Data Solutions.
- Requires 10+ years of demonstrable experience of managing large, complex data warehousing programs
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience and capabilities in: ETL technologies, database design, software development methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise using Oracle v11g+
- Experience in working across organizational boundaries
- Strong collaboration skills to help drive continuous improvement solutions
- Experience in translating organizational business plans into IT operational plans
- An unrelenting passion for excellence related to getting a task done
- Dedicated team player who can interface with stakeholders from a variety of internal IT disciplines (infrastructure, DBAs, architects, etc.)
Must be comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrate strong writing, problem solving and creative thinking skills, and ability to work effectively with conceptual structures, outlines and models
- Demonstrated business acumen in the drug development lifecycle including a strong working knowledge of preclinical Research.
- Deep Data Management experience.
- Proven experience in the execution of IT/business strategies
- Experience in developing and implementing new and novel solutions in the areas of data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Broad technical experience: multiple technologies and experience in developing and supporting enterprise architecture
- Strong working knowledge of PL/SQL Developer and materialized view creation
- Proficient in Unix shell scripting