The US SSC accountant is responsible for centralizing and executing accounting processes, governance and controls, and deliver organizational efficiencies via centralization of common accounting processes for U.S. AbbVie entities. The Accountant, US Accounting Shared Services (US SSC), performs a variety of accounting activities in support of AbbVie BTS, Corporate Administration, and other business units. Primary activities include: ensure complete and accurate financial results in compliance with AbbVie financial policies and GAAP, identify process improvements and improving internal controls, transform AbbVie business finance by centralizing additional accounting activities, and ensure that all processes include appropriate accounting controls. This position also reviews data sources for accuracy and completeness, and collaborates with business FP&A to ensure effective communication and efficient processes. This position requires critical thinking, collaboration with support functions and an ability to identify process improvements and drive issues to resolution. The Accountant works under direct guidance of the US SSC Accounting Manager, and works closely with team members to achieve objectives. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare journal entries using the BlackLine JE tool (or other transactions direct to SAP) in support of AbbVie US, CADM, BTS and other accounting functions. Partner with FP&A to ensure proper accounting for prepaid contracts, vendor and project accruals, allocations / chargebacks and other transactions.
- Monitor and report status of month end automated transactions for completeness and execution.
- Prepare account reconciliations within BlackLine and ensure they are within policy and include appropriate and clear supporting documentation.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and prepare monthly financial reporting where appropriate. Partner with the business to ensure adequate accounting controls, and assist with annual audit and management reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules and tax requests throughout the year for accounts and areas covered.
- Responsible for creating ideas and developing tools to reduce entries and create simplification for accounting and business processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred.
- 2-5 years accounting/finance experience.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must be self-motivated, be able to work independently and adjust priorities as needed.
- Must be proficient in Excel. Knowledge of SAP, BlackLine, TM1 and HFM a plus. Power users of these tools are a plus.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and aptitude for continuous improvement.