Associate Director, Immuno-oncology
ARMO BioSciences is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with in depth experience in tumor immunology to further develop and expand our immune-oncology pipeline. The qualified candidate is highly interactive, demonstrating innovative and interdisciplinary thinking towards target biology with the ability to succeed in a team environment to achieve changing project goals and meet timelines.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Identifying and working with several CROs or academic labs to access animal models
- Conducting in vivo efficacy or PK studies and to advance immunological analytics.
- Leading the authorship of technical reports for patent application, IND reports and scientific publications.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- PhD in immunology, inflammation or oncology field
- At least 8-10 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience or relevant academic research
- Expertise in developing immunological functional assays and immune-oncology animal models for drug candidate screen and selection
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of CD8 T cell biology
- Expertise in cancer immunotherapy including immune-checkpoint modulation with knowledge of antibody and recombinant protein therapeutics
- Experience in cellular immunology, including CD8 and CD4 T cell assays
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication in leading journals or awards
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication, organization and multitasking, and working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional research environment
- Training in immunology/oncology field and has in-depth knowledge in the adaptive and innate immunity