As a biologist on our antibody discovery team, you will be an integral part of a growing, creative, high performing, cross-functional, extremely collaborative group that establishes novel drug discovery platforms at Lilly Biotechnology Center in San Diego. You will be part of an independent, highly motivated group responsible for the identification and development of early-stage preclinical candidates. Your duties will include the design and execution of antibody affinity engineering efforts, with additional technology development roles as opportunities present. You should be proficient in molecular biology and biochemical techniques. Do you have phage and/or yeast display experience? We welcome these skills as well.
Our engineering group works to continually evolve the current display/panning practices towards innovative functional-based selection processes. We are looking for talent that is passionate about science and hungry to learn. Are you self-driven, visionary, organized, focused and able to work as part of a high-performing, dynamic team? This opportunity may be perfect for you.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor degree (with 2 years of experience) or Master degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related subject with a research component
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Experience with standard molecular biology and biochemistry techniques including cloning, PCR, sequence verification, ELISA/ Elispot and common biology software packages.
- Experience in establishing and validating cell-based assays.