Research Scientist-Real World Evidence
The Real World Evidence (RWE) Hub within the Medicines Development Unit (MDU) is responsible for working with business units and affiliates to improve individual patient outcomes through credible and timely real world evidence, thereby creating value for customers. This is a cross-functional hub hosted by GPORWE (in collaboration with Biometrics, GPS and IT) to enable enterprise-wide co-ordination of the data strategy, infrastructure & partnerships. The RWE Hub will lead the development of innovative RWE related capabilities necessary to differentiate Lilly to deliver RWE sources of value
As a RWE scientist, you will provide scientific expertise and effective project oversight to ensure the successful fulfillment of the real world evidence research using real world data assets to deliver evidence valued by our customers. Projects typically focus on disease and/or treatments that Lilly is developing and span the entire lifecycle of development and commercialization. . Additional projects may focus on key healthcare policy issues that impact patient outcomes. You will work to develop and ensure appropriate health outcomes research strategies are in place to support Pricing, Reimbursement and Access activities for Lilly products. You will ensures the conduct, quality, and integrity of RWE studies and scientific disclosures resulting from this research demonstrates and applies in-depth knowledge, understanding, and evaluation of clinical, economic, and/or patient reported outcomes methodologies. You will communicate health outcomes findings and concepts to internal and external business partners and takes a leadership role in the dissemination of health outcomes research findings to the scientific community. In addition, you will provides health outcomes scientific leadership and effective teamwork in cross-functional initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains a broad network of contacts within the health care sector, pharmaceutical industry, health technology assessment agencies, and academia.
- Maintains awareness of significant developments in the field, including current health outcomes methodologies and applications, therapeutic area developments, and other issues as appropriate for specific position responsibilities.
- Disseminates information about significant developments by providing accurate and understandable interpretations of these developments.
- Anticipates and evaluates future market needs and trends for health outcomes information within specified health care environments.
- Maintains a presence and relationship with the research community related to the relevant therapeutic area or disease state
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of economic evaluation methodologies and provides accurate interpretations of findings.
- Demonstrates understanding of the cross-functional nature of drug development and post-marketing support to inform product-specific health outcomes strategy.
- Influences the internal and external environment and environmental factors that shape and impact health outcomes.
- Develops and oversees global health outcomes research strategy for compounds in the Lilly portfolio in the relevant therapeutic area.
- Influences and supports health outcomes research strategy in order to achieve appropriate access for Lilly products.
- Adapts and utilizes information to maximize interactions with internal and external customers.
- Provides strategic direction to address complex health outcomes challenges.
- Formulates or significantly contributes to health outcomes strategies for multiple projects and/or geographies.
- Partners with other functions (e.g. global/local PRA, brand teams, market planning, clinical research, corporate affairs, market research, medical information, regulatory, statistics, strategic pricing, etc.) to deliver collaborative work products (e.g., clinical protocols, label language, statistical analysis plan, etc.) that align the health outcomes strategy with overall brand strategy.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
An advanced degree, including Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD/Master’s degree with relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (e.g., economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, medicine, pharmacoeconomics, psychology, statistics, or other relevant sciences) will generally be required, although significant previous training and experience in designing and conducting research and disseminating the results in the areas of health economics, health outcomes, disease management, and/or population health may substitute for the formal degree requirement.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented/cross-functional environment
- The ability to think and act globally with a customer focus and a solution orientation
- The ability to travel domestically and to international locations.
- Knowledge and experience of health care systems in the U.S., Europe, Asia or other settings as appropriate for the position requirements
- Understanding of and experience with clinical settings and clinical research
- Technical and analytic capabilities in the areas of economic modeling, economic evaluation, cost-effectiveness evaluation, burden of disease, epidemiology, statistics, health care policy etc.
- The ability to influence individuals
- Demonstrated project management skills.