DMPK, Associate Scientist I
Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to join our DMPK department. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing in vitro drug metabolism studies and in vivo PK sample analysis to inform compound design and help advance compounds to the clinic. He or she will participate on multidisciplinary teams, working closely with chemistry and biology colleagues to contribute to Pliant’s overall drug discovery and development efforts.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform bioanalytical analysis on preclinical PK samples
- Establish and perform in vitro ADME assays, such as permeability (MDCK or Caco2), metabolic stability (microsome, plasma, and hepatocyte), plasma protein binding, CYP inhibition, reaction phenotyping, and metabolite identification, etc.
- Participate in department meetings and present data
- Assist with writing and reviewing technical reports and other documents in support of regulatory filings
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues, external contractors and collaborators
- Adhere to the department budget
- Keep abreast of scientific literature
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Drug Metabolism, Biopharmaceutical Sciences, or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in DMPK, with potential to learn and adapt in a fast moving environment.
- Hands-on experience with state-of-the-art bioanalytical equipment and methodology (e.g. Sciex ABI 4000/6500 mass spectrometer, Analyst software, Shimadzu HPLC system) is a must. So is the ability to troubleshoot instrumentation related issues independently.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, fast learner, proactive in problem solving, and able to manage timelines and priorities.
- The candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills.
- The candidate should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and have a desire to learn new methods and to work on new assignments.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Prefer local candidates