Senior Manager, Immunology, U.S. Public Affairs
The senior manager is
responsible for leading strategy and managing the execution of external
communications programs and issues management to protect and enhance AbbVie's
reputation in the United States and promote its Immunology portfolio. The
senior manager must be a strategic thinker and execute flawlessly to a broad
range of internal and external contacts across mid-to-high levels of
management. The role is also responsible for the execution of communications
plans, the supervision of public relations firms, and the management of
internal client relationships.
- Develops public affairs plans to drive business growth, obtaining buy-in from functional and commercial leadership and securing budgets, with particular emphasis on competitive environment and marketplace.
- Oversees and implements tactical program elements and ensures deliverables are met on time and on budget, including message and content development, social media and other communications tools.
- Represents U.S. Public Affairs on Integrated Brand Teams and collaborates with cross-functional team members to drive business goals across Immunology assets, including commercial, government affairs, investor relations, legal, finance, marketing, regulatory, medical affairs, and clinical development.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of U.S. media environment as it relates to industry, and has media relations experience and skills to ensure effective engagement with reporters.
- Manages issues that affect the business overall by proactively anticipating and mitigating reputational risk to AbbVie and immunology brands, and works with public affairs head to influence business decision making on key business issues.
- Aligns with employee and leadership communications to deliver on employee communications initiatives associated to areas of focus.
- Oversees PR agencies and is responsible for agency performance, including PR agency competitive bidding/selection process.
- Ensures programs fall within budget parameters and all administrative paperwork is completed in appropriate manner (invoice logging, purchase orders, statements of work, etc.)
- Ensures compliance by managing review process for external communications materials (press releases, statements, response documents, fact sheets, etc.). Keep various parties apprised of status, timelines and directional shifts to ensure smooth review process and to meet corporate
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Equivalent.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience and proven track record of success in developing and executing corporate and/or product communications and/or public relations, including media relations and social media/digital work.
- Experience in the healthcare/bio-pharma industry. Strong business acumen with the ability to anticipate company and team needs, including strong understanding of U.S. healthcare system functioning and intricacies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with knowledge of emerging communications trends and technologies.
- Experience in social media, digital and content marketing, and in innovative approaches to communications is required.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functional partners within and outside of team to enable higher performance; is clear and courageous and can manage difficult conversations though direct and constructive dialogue
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated; raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo; creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Detail-oriented, proactive, efficient, creative, well-organized, enthusiastic, able to make decisions with less-than-perfect information, able to stick to processes, results-oriented, outgoing and able to establish positive relationships, enjoys complex challenges, flexible, takes initiative and spurs others.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled