Senior Manager, Talent Management
The Senior Manager, Talent Management will be part of a high-energy team whose primary focus is to support AbbVie's strategic talent management initiatives. This individual will be instrumental in educating and consulting with leaders and Business Human Resources (HR) on talent management best practices to drive talent outcomes and business performance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Guide the Human Resources and Leadership team to shape the talent agenda and make associated talent decisions that align with the business strategy.
- Partner with and coach leadership to identify top talent within the organization and differentiate their development, creating a deep pipeline of talent.Lead process implementation for Performance Management and Talent Reviews, with excellence; guide/train BHR on practice, process and tools. Support BHR and leaders to implement the processes consistently and effectively, delivering accuracy and speed to action. Drive better process and talent outcomes year over year.
- Assess outcomes of Area/Function talent management processes; work with BHR and partner organizations to identify themes. Provide insights that lead to solutions and actions to build capability of talent.
- Execute on talent strategies for critical capabilities in Area/Function, measurably strengthening the talent bench.
- Collaborate with Area/Function Talent Development to assess and design necessary development to fill gaps in the talent pipeline for high potential and high performing employees, or key teams.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 years in Human Resources Management with emphasis in Talent Management practice and process development.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and consulting skills.
- Proven experience leading teams directly and indirectly.
- Effective in managing complex projects across multi-disciplinary, matrix environments.
- Experience leveraging senior business leaders to sponsor solutions.
- Experience with developing strategies and implementing the related tactics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build executive ready presentations, communicate with executive audiences.
- Advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Management. Masters degree
- Experience living and working in a range of countries and cultures.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Deals with ambiguity; is able to take a well-thought out decision without having the complete picture
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experiments on improvement.
- This individual must be creative, energetic and have previous experience building successful Talent Management programs
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled