Administrative Assistant II
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), transforming the health and well-being of all people through medical research, education, and outreach in the fields focused on heart disease, immunology and virology including HIV/AIDS, and neurological disease. Home to notable leaders in the field of medical science, including 2012 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine recipient Shinya Yamanaka, M.D.,Ph.D. Gladstone is comprised of its three historical institutes in addition to various Centers and programs focusing approximately 500 members of our team on its mission: Science Overcoming Disease. Located in an award-winning building adjacent to UCSF's Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program within a robust environment for those seeking to maximize their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the VP, Intellectual Property and Legal Affairs and VP, Corporate Liaison and Ventures. The person in this position will perform work under periodic supervision and may use independent judgment to establish methods and procedures on new assignments. Assignments and projects are varied. The person in this position will rely on excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities. S/he is expected to regularly juggle multiple competing priorities and demands while staying extremely organized.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for department staff.
- Maintains calendars and staff schedules including booking the room and ordering food if needed.
- Takes reservations for department meetings.
- Books travel for supervisor and other department staff.
- Prepares routine correspondence, documents, reports, protocols, and/or other related items. Proofreads documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains electronic files, agreements, logs, databases and/or other related records.
- Assists with preparation and maintenance of standard logs and reports.
- Performs a variety of accounts payable and/or receivable activities, including: preparing check requests, preparing and submitting purchase orders, monitoring expenses, processing invoices.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical activities, which includes: monitoring and maintaining office inventory;distributing mail; preparing mailings, filing, scanning documents; copying; and.or performing other related activities
- Assist with orienting new staff
- Functions as internal liaison with other administrative offices such as Accounting, Grants, Human Resources, Development, IT, Executive Office, and Facilities/Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Intellectual Property :
- Create and maintain databases to track IP department agreement work and access patent prosecution database, as needed.
- Prepare materials for Conflict of Interest (COI) and other IP meetings
- Present at New Hire Orientation
- Interact and communicate with Gladstone administrative departments and external parties
- Prepare purchase orders and other paperwork to submit reimbursement and bills
- Keep track of contracts and additional check requests that may be needed
- BS in Business or related field.
- 3 years of administrative support experience, preferrable in a research, medical or academic enviornment.
- Progressively responsible experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced and highly confidential environment.
- Superior organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions with accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar, spelling and editing.
- A proactive approach to accomplishing work.
- Must be comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.