Reports Into: Director, Immune Monitoring / Biomarker Development
This position has primary responsibility for providing bioinformatics expertise and support to the clinical biomarker team at Aduro Biotech. Working within a highly collaborative environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing computational strategies including design and application of bioinformatics algorithms such as unsupervised and supervised machine learning. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform integrative analyses using genomic, molecular, cellular, and proteomic data derived from clinical studies.
• Analyze large-scale datasets for clinical or basic research purposes.
• Experience with genomic data required
• Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
• Experience with cytometry and proteomics data a plus
• Excellent communication skills including skills necessary to present at the conferences and workshops, write study designs, analytical methods and analysis results.
• Strong programming skills are required for this position including competence in Python, R and SQL familiarity.
• Bioinformatics expertise in biomedical research specifically cancer biology or immunology highly desirable.
• Experience in next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis, microarray data analysis (miRNA and mRNA), experimental design, data integration, algorithm development, development of sequence analysis tools (bioinformatics programming), evaluation of analytical tools and technology.
• Experience in developing computational algorithms and systems to support clinical research including proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, and clinical bioinformatics and analyses.
• Experience in statistical packages (e.g. R/SAS) and other commonly used visualization and pathway analysis software packages such as DAVID, CytoSCAPE and Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA) analytics.
• PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or Bioinformatics, preferably with 1 year biotech or other relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to interrogate large biological data sets, preferably using human biologic data, address focused biological questions
• Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team environment