Research Associate, Platform Biology (2-month contract)
CytomX Therapeutics is unlocking the potential of antibody therapeutics in oncology by developing a novel therapeutic antibody class of highly targeted Probody™ therapeutics. The current opening offers an opportunity to lead the integration of immune target biology and bioanalytical assessment of Probody™ cancer immunotherapies toward clinical investigation in a fast-moving and dynamic R&D environment.
We seek a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Platform Biology team. The successful candidate will work as a bench scientist and participate in efforts supporting the development of therapeutic Probodies.
The successful candidate will:
- Work on designing and executing experiments to support the efforts of the Platform Biology group across multiple areas of expertise including histology/IHC-based techniques, capillary electrophoresis, FACS, phage display.
- Follow established protocols, as well as develop and apply new protocols as needed.
- Troubleshoot assay performance and sample testing as needed.
- Utilize literature to increase knowledge base and implement improvements.
- Interpret and analyze data, helping to incorporate results into overall scientific projects.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought and the ability to collaborate with others in a team fashion.
- Maintain vendor relationships, service contracts, and interactions with CRO’s.
- B.S., or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of wet lab and/or histology experience.
- Experience in tissue sectioning (frozen and FFPE) and IHC/IF assay development, screening of antibodies for immunostaining.
- Must be thoroughly competent in all aspects of the novel method development, optimization, validation, and troubleshooting.
- Additional cell culture, tissue/cell staining imaging and image interpretation experience is desirable.
- Expertise in protease biology and phage display is a plus.
- Be open to and capable of learning new skills efficiently.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to align daily work with project needs are crucial.