Scientist I/II, Cell/Mol Biochemistry
Abbvie has an opening for a Scientist in the Biologics Generation Group at our Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The Biologics Generation Group collaborates with drug discovery project teams across all Abbvie therapeutic areas including Oncology, Immunology, and Neurology. The ideal candidate will work effectively in cross-functional teams to produce, screen and characterize biopharmaceutical products such as fully-human monoclonal antibodies, and novel multi-specifics including dual variable domain immunoglobulin (DVD-Ig™).
- Work collaboratively in a matrix with project teams and members of the Biologics Generation Group to drive innovation and deliver novel therapies to our patients.
- Impact projects through the production and screening of recombinant biopharmaceutical candidates.
- Demonstrate scientific excellence, work ethic, and dedication to team and project goals.
- Develop productive collaborations and communication with other groups, across therapeutic areas.
- BS with 5-7+ years, or MS with 2-5+ years of relevant laboratory experience. The applicant's degree should be in a life science such as Biochemistry, Biology or Biomedical Engineering.
- Work history performing transient protein expression of IgG or similar biological molecules in HEK293 cells.
- Experience purifying proteins using Protein A or similar resins on an HPLC platform such as a GE AKTA.
- Experience performing and interpreting protein analytical techniques such as SEC, MS, DLS, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with assays of protein binding such as ELISA and flow cytometry.
- A solid background in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, vector design, ligation cloning, and sequence verification.
- Experience with 3D cell culture, or other cellular assays which mimic human tissues or organs.
- Experience working with automated laboratory workflows and instruments such as Hamilton or Tecan liquid handlers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled