Managed Care Account Manager
The Managed Care Account Executive manages targeted accounts in an assigned geography through account and sales strategies that may include responsibility for entire US Commercial product portfolio. Establish all products on customer formularies, or on contract in an advantageous and/or parity position or establish support from customer regional representatives to national formulary committees for national contracts/formulary access by selling product benefits. Manage pull-through sales and management of all customer accounts. Establish and develop high-level business relationships with executive management and key decision-makers at customer accounts. Enhance the image of US Commercial as a pharmaceutical industry leader in the development and supply of high quality and cost- effective products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with targeted accounts to secure appropriate payer access for Abbvie products.
- Establishes and demonstrates thorough understanding of contracting and negotiating fundamentals.
- Seek out information and articulate implications to our business and to our customers' business in assigned accounts and geography.
- Act as a trusted advisor for customers; informs their perspective and influences their point of view/standards/expectations.
- Share information relative to local business opportunities /issues with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Transfer knowledge and integrate best practices that have tangible value to clients and stakeholders across franchises/brands to benefit the assigned geography. Establish and maintain a complete understanding of client tools, product and disease state knowledge for impactful use with customers.
- Partner/collaborate with in-house and/or cross-franchise leaders (District Managers, Account Managers, Marketing, etc.) to identify, design and/or adapt approaches and tactics leveraging resources within geography.
- Use data resources and tools to identify sales opportunities and contracting strategy for customers in assigned geography.
- Collaborate with multiple channels to execute CBSA strategies and tactics that maximize sales results.
- Educate and advise Franchise Regional/District Managers on opportunities unique to the geography. Works with them to identify potential managed care opportunities and challenges for promoted products.
- Actively seek opportunities to participate in organizations in local markets; Leverage opportunities to understand customer needs and partner with customers. Build strong partnerships that provide market intelligence and support development of innovative programs and initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships across accounts that result in opportunities to benefit US Commercial partners within the geography.
- Develops a strong command of available resources and tools; fully leverage those resources to support selling strategies and maximize impact
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.
- 3+ Sales management, account management or marketing experience in a healthcare or related business; managed care, government channel experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of managing multiple stakeholders within a geography/territory.
- Strong business acumen; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/contracting strategies that drive business objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to maintain product pricing structure and market share through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with Abbvie and customer objectives.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully leading diverse teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.