Research Associate I- Weinberger Lab
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), transforming the health and well-being of all people through medical research, education, and outreach in the fields focused on heart disease, immunology and virology including HIV/AIDS, and neurological disease. Home to notable leaders in the field of medical science, including 2012 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine recipient Shinya Yamanaka, M.D.,Ph.D. Gladstone is comprised of its three historical institutes in addition to various Centers and programs focusing approximately 500 members of our team on its mission: Science Overcoming Disease. Located in an award-winning building adjacent to UCSF's Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program within a robust environment for those seeking to maximize their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate I with a strong interest in gene-regulatory biology potentially leading to engineering of novel therapies for human viruses. The person in this position will support an active wet lab research program through molecular cloning, flow cytometry, mammalian tissue culture, production of next generation sequencing libraries, and cultivation of pathogenic human viruses. S/he will be expected to design and perform experiments, interpret results, and provide project updates. S/he will also assist in general upkeep of the laboratory by maintaining common laboratory equipment/reagents and ordering/stocking supplies.
- Bachelor's degree in molecular biology, bioengineering or a related disciple
- 1 years on hands-on laboratory experience (lab experience should be in addition to any lab coursework that was part of an undergraduate curriculum)
- Strong foundation in molecular biology research
- Familiar with molecular cloning, mammalian tissue culture, qPCR, flow cytometry, and next generation sequencing
- Experience with culturing human viruses is desired, but optional
- Outstanding communication skills, close attention to detail, the capacity to work on several projects in parallel, and the ability to work with a team are essential