The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), transforming the health and well-being of all people through medical research, education, and outreach in the fields focused on heart disease, immunology and virology including HIV/AIDS, and neurological disease. Home to notable leaders in the field of medical science, including 2012 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine recipient Shinya Yamanaka, M.D.,Ph.D. Gladstone is comprised of its three historical institutes in addition to various Centers and programs focusing approximately 500 members of our team on its mission: Science Overcoming Disease. Located in an award-winning building adjacent to UCSF's Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program within a robust environment for those seeking to maximize their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.
The Gladstone Institutes, a leading biomedical research organization, is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an Administrative Assistant II/III position that will provide direct support the Directors of the Gladstone Institutes' 8 Scientific Research Cores. Reporting to one of the Core Directors, the successful candidate will work under minimal supervision and may use independent judgment and establish methods in the performance of work assignments and projects. This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities as the working tasks may be highly varied, and the support needs may differ significantly among the individual cores.
- Administrative support to the Core Directors including: scheduling the use of scientific core equipment, training appointments, and facility and conference room reservations for department staff meetings. This function also involves arranging set-up requirements, including ordering and setting up refreshments as appropriate.
- Financial support to the Core Directors including: revenue and expense monitoring and reporting. Performs certain accounts payable, accounts receivable activities, and billing of core services functions through Gladstone's iLab system. Prepares, submits and establishes Purchase Orders (POs) for user requests, processes and monitors invoicing for the cores, processes check requests and chart strings.
- Maintains and archives service agreement contracts, reports, calibration and recertification records for the cores.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical activities, which may include: monitoring and maintaining office inventory; assisting with orienting new staff members.
- Maintains electronic files, logs, databases and/or other related core records. Coordinates with Gladstone resources for updating department websites.
- Provides administrative assistance with routine correspondence, grant applications, reports, including proofreading documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Functions as an internal liaison with other administrative offices such as Accounting, Grants, Human Resources, Development, IT, Executive Office and Facilities/Operations. Functions as an external liaison, as appropriate, with other universities, research institutes, and government funding offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• 3 years of administrative support experience, preferably in a research, medical or academic environment.
• Experience providing administrative support to multiple supervisors in a fast-paced and technical environment. Must be comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritization with close attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
• Familiarity with iLab Core Facility Management software strongly preferred but not required