Scientist I, Immuno- Oncology Research
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics. FivePrime has a differentiated discovery platform and capabilities that is fueling a growing portfolio of development candidates.
Our pipeline includes:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008), an anti-CSF-1R antibody currently in development in a Phase 2 trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and a Phase 2 trial in second-line pancreatic cancer
- FPA144, an anti-FGFR2b antibody currently in a Phase 1/3 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FPA150, an anti-B7H4 antibody will enter Phase 1 clinical development in the first half of 2018
- FPT155, a CD80 fusion protein, which is in IND-enabling studies
We have entered into strategic discovery and development collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, UCB and Zai Labs.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist II/III to join our Immuno-Oncology group. The candidate will be an expert in the field of human immunology and will be responsible for identifying and validating novel cancer immune therapeutics. This individual will be responsible for progressing therapeutic candidates from Discovery to IND-enabling studies, implementing program strategies with clear go/no go decision points and objective timelines. He/She is expected to perform day-to-day laboratory benchwork and to work closely with the Immuno-Oncology Discovery, Bioinformatics, Antibody Therapeutics, Pharmacology, and Exploratory Biomarkers groups to implement this effort. Drug development experience is required, and the ideal candidate will have
experience leading projects in an industry setting.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with 4 - 8 years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience in drug discovery in the fields of immunology and/or cancer immunotherapy
- Expertise in human immunology or cancer immunology is required
- Significant expertise with in vitro screening and validation assays in cancer immunotherapy is required; in vivo expertise with murine syngeneic and xenograft tumor models would be desirable
- Proven track record of high impact publications and presentations in the field of immunology or cancer immunity
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thinking are required
- Responsible for setting high standards for experimental research and target validation
- Experience in drug development is required; experience leading cross-functional teams from discovery to IND is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to present to a wide variety of audiences including Sr. Management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.