Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Adaptive Immunology
Seattle Genetics is building a world-class immuno-oncology team and is seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with drug development experience to join our team. We are seeking an individual with a high level of competency studying the adaptive arm of the immune system to further our technology platforms and our pipeline. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a consistent ability to drive scientific excellence to create and advance cutting-edge therapeutics from concept to clinical testing.
- Provide scientific leadership within the immunology team and interface with the other functional teams for the discovery of novel therapeutics
- Design and execute experimental plans to deliver scientifically rigorous preclinical data packages to enable project progression
- Spearhead the analyses of highly complex scientific issues, establish strategies, and suggest actionable resolutions/decisions for particular programs
- Work with functional teams to identify partnerships and products that help cross- functional teams and improve outcomes
- Coach, mentor, and manage people for performance and scientific growth
- Work independently and demonstrate the ability to contribute to projects outside their own expertise. Stay abreast of the immunologic literature and act as an expert resource within the immunology and research team
- A Ph.D degree and 6+ years industry or academia experience in cellular and/or tumor immunology with a focus on the adaptive immune system
- History of leading complex research programs including interfacing with various functional teams to advance drug candidates from concept to clinic
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents is required
- Advanced communication, interpersonal, and management skills; possessing the ability to credibly, knowledgeably, and effectively represent and communicate initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of technological trends and passion to develop innovative solutions that support and enhance Seattle Genetics competitive edge
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.