Lymphoma Strategy Leader, Senior Medical Director
The Lymphoma Strategy Leader will function as a scientific and medical expert for the Medical Affairs department at Seattle Genetics, as well as other groups across the company. He/she will develop overall lymphoma medical strategy and lead the cross-functional medical affairs plan for the designated therapeutic area. As a part of the ADCETRIS Global Product Team, he/she will be responsible for developing the lymphoma product lifecycle development strategy. He/she will lead the interactions with Cooperative groups, NCI/CTEP and other top thought leaders in the designated lymphoma community, serving as the primary Seattle Genetics externally-facing lymphoma expert. This person will be responsible for providing medical expertise and leadership to the medical affairs and commercial teams and have responsibility for execution of specific projects. The role may also include supervision and mentoring of Associate Medical Director(s) and other staff. The role will interface with multiple internal functions including medical information, medical communication, medical affairs operations, field medical science liaisons, commercial (marketing, sales, managed markets), health outcomes, regulatory, clinical development and safety as well as external partners and physicians in the community.
- Develop and execute strategy for the scientific utilization of the data generated by Seattle Genetics preclinical and clinical studies
- Work with the Senior Medical Director and other directors to serve on project teams as Medical Affairs representative and medical expert
- Participate in a cross-functional medical affairs team with the goal of developing and implementing an integrated medical strategy for Seattle Genetics products
- Collaborate with the field medical liaison team and support reactive material development to address their healthcare provider questions
- Collaborate with MA Operations group to evaluate and manage Investigator Sponsored Trial efforts
- Collaborate with Medical Information specialists on the development of medical information letters and documents
- Provide appropriate medical input for MA activities
- Literature review and summaries to support MA activities
- Help identify and effectively interact with thought leaders to engage in scientific and medical exchange to meet the needs of oncology patients and advance the field of study
- Serve as a reviewer on the Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Non-promotional review (MeRLeN) panel
- Serve as medical lead on strategy and conduct of Phase 4 studies
- Lead and coordinate assigned projects and related medical aspects
- Assure appropriate close coordination with Commercial and Marketing teams to support their efforts
- Coordinate with Clinical and Translational Medicine teams on strategic priorities and study support
- Assist as needed in preparation of manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings
- Demonstrated passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of oncology
- Strong leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders
- Collaborative style both internally with other company leadership, but also with external thought leaders, medical professionals, and partners
- A team player; works well in a team environment both as a leader and a contributor
- Open, engaging and transparent. Also comfortable with conflict and able to push back when needed
- Global perspective and mindset; ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies
- Experience and understanding of oncology drug development.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred. Prior medical affairs experience a plus but not required.
- Medical degree with solid tumor oncology background (ideally ABIM-certified).
- Ability to think strategically, good leadership skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Good communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Proven track record of working effectively in diverse teams involving multi-functional disciplines
- Strategic thinking and prioritizing capacity
- Business and customer oriented
- Analytic and synthetic capacity
- Ability to understand and simplify scientific concepts
- Ability to work in an international matrix organization
- Interpersonal/communication skills ability to address the scientific and non-scientific community as a target group
- Team spirit and teamwork ability
- Adaptable and flexible
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.