PhD Chemist and M.S./B.S. Research Assistant
PhD Chemist and B.S./M.S. Research Associate
We are seeking a PhD level chemist and a M.S./B.S. level research assistant to join our expanding medicinal chemistry department. Candidates must have a PhD or a M.S./B.S. in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or closely related field with >2 years of industrial experience involving drug discovery.
PhD chemist: The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct research and development activities for subsequent application in medicinal and synthetic chemistry projects contracted to Nanosyn. Deep organic chemistry knowledge, strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are critical. The successful candidate must have the ability to work on multiple projects and adapt rapidly to new projects, must be a highly motivated, independent, and productive team player.
M.S./B.S. Research Assistant: Responsible for the following: • Develop and implement synthetic routes for production of arrays of synthetic compounds; • Perform laboratory synthesis of organic molecules and prepare the intermediates for the synthesis of these molecules; • Apply modern techniques of organic synthesis including a variety of organic reactions at several scales, microwave chemistry, inert atmosphere techniques, LC-MS, HPLC, MS, flash chromatography, recrystallization, and distillation. Candidates with a demonstrated record of expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry methods or medicinal chemistry, and ability to critically analyze and interpret spectral data, are preferred.
- Ph.D. or M.S./B.S. in organic chemistry (or equivalent)
- >2 (ideally 5+) years of industry experience
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Responds well to scientific challenge and applies significant rigor to their own work
- Possesses a clear sense of urgency – recognizes potential problems and proactively acts to deliver solutions
- Must be familiar with techniques in synthetic organic chemistry, including but not limited to laboratory skills, data interpretation from various spectroscopic techniques
At Nanosyn, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter.