Senior Director, Supply Chain Management
Vital Therapies is a pioneer in the treatment of acute liver failure. We are an exciting life science company located in the Carmel Mountain Ranch area of San Diego. We are currently hiring a Senior Director, Supply Chain Management. This position will be responsible for management of Vital Therapies supply chain process within Vital Therapies manufacturing department.
Responsible for leading the supply chain management process within Vital Therapies manufacturing department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Procure all raw materials and components needed for biologic and device manufacturing under appropriate contracts to insure security of supply under best terms.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance.
- Lead negotiations of all purchasing contracts to insure best terms consistent with security of supply and favorable pricing.
- Ensure that all critical raw materials and components have at least two approved suppliers.
- Consider and provide for future commercialization in all procurement.
- Collaborate with QC to insure that appropriate tests are developed and implemented to control and monitor quality of all purchases.
- Partner with Director, Device Design to insure that all component raw materials are assembled into the final bedside unit to satisfy device manufacturing standards and regulations.
- Work with QA and regulatory departments to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including GMP and QSR requirements and all Federal, Local and Global regulations.
- Manage receiving and stocking of products and materials, including inventory management and controls.
- Procure and manage effective, compliant supply chain logistics for all ELAD System components (final drug product and device components) to ensure on time delivery at clinical sites in support of global clinical trials and commercialization.
- 5-10 years of device development procurement experience in biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- Significant experience with regulatory approvals and product commercialization required.
- Establish a strategic business relationship with key supplier for the commercialization of the VTL bedside unit, concurrently identifying an alternative manufacturer if efforts fail.
- Identify backup suppliers for key supplies and components and initiate contact.
- Develop the Logistics structure required for the commercialization of ELAD.
- Establish commercial Logistics organization, systems, and procedures that facilitate successful delivery of cartridges, supplies, devices, components, and treatment specialists to patient sites.
- Forecast, scheduling, system support, COG reduction including optimized shipping and travel, creation of distribution centers, field technical support, and expansion strategy.
- Work closely with Regulatory/Quality/R&D and Business Development to produce a business strategy.
- Ensures all Regulatory approvals, maximizes profit potential, and is flexible enough to implement future improvements.
Education and Experience:
- 7-10 years’ experience in supply chain management, operations and/or logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently lift and or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Ability to stand/walk during entire length of shift. Use of arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel or reach. Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Visual abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and ability to focus.
Vital Therapies offers competitive salary and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.