Senior Scientist – Affinity Characterization and Bioanalytical
Avitide is a biotechnology company that provides a platform technology to rapidly discover and deliver high-performance affinity purification solutions for the biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing industry. Avitide is seeking a qualified candidate to build upon their motivated and highly integrated, interdisciplinary team to pursue the rapid development of novel affinity separation solutions for our biopharmaceutical partners. The Avitide technology enables its partners with exclusive, high-yield, high purity affinity separation technologies that are delivered with an industry-leading service timeline to reduce cost of manufacturing and accelerate the delivery of new medicines to patients.
Avitide's founding team brings substantial expertise and a track record of success in commercializing innovative biopharmaceutical discovery and manufacturing platform technologies. Avitide is financed by top-tier private equity and venture capital firms such as Mithril Capital Management, Polaris Venture Partners, OrbiMed Advisors, SV Life Sciences, NeoMed Management, Sands Capital Ventures and Borealis Ventures.
Avitide is housed in a modern 30 000 square foot facility that is located in New Hampshire’s beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley, and is minutes from Dartmouth College, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The surrounding New Hampshire and Vermont areas are renowned for its premier skiing, hiking, kayaking, and biking. Avitide offers individually tailored compensation packages comprised of competitive salary, bonus, benefits, and equity components.
About This Position
A new position has been created to satiate increasing demand and reliance upon detailed characterization of ligand binding interactions. The candidate will be the primary technical expert for ligand characterization, providing technical leadership and support throughout our discovery programs and across Avitide. Avitide seeks candidates who are highly self-motivated and can work in a collaborative fashion with other interdisciplinary team members in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- A strong background in characterizing affinity ligand binding interactions using label free technologies such as Interferometry (ForteBio) or surface plasmon resonance (SPR, e.g. Biacore, Proteon).
- Detailed experience in bioanalysis and assay technologies used for high throughput screening
- Degree (MS/PhD) in sciences or engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrated history of strong hands-on ability, problem solving, and independent experimental design and execution
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and development of experiments for characterizing binding interactions
- Working within a small Ligand Characterization team to complete characterization of >5000 ligands in a day using ForteBio Octet and HTX instruments
- Integration of robotic automation in sample preparation for ligand characterization
- Actively seek new ways to implement ForteBio/SPR instruments to assist ligand development and analytical efforts by collaborating with Avitide scientists
- Familiarity with a wide range of assay technologies with an emphasis on miniaturization
- Experience with automation
- High throughput data analysis
- Understanding of statistical methods to ensure quality of results in a research environment
Avitide Cultural Qualities
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Actively contribute to our collaborative team culture
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively under broad directives
- Agile and quick to adapt
- Excellent and timely communication skills