Associate Medical Director, Neuroscience
Associate Medical Director, translational physician-scientist clinical lead with expertise in Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis pathophysiology who can collaborate across the discovery-development continuum to support strategies for target engagement, proof of mechanism, early signs of efficacy and patient selection/enrichment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive clinical efforts to increase confidence in targets and ensure targets are optimally matched for neurodegenerative indications.
- Develop and lead innovative phase 0 approaches in AD, PD and MS for biomarkers and novel clinical endpoints (e.g. new digital health methodologies) to support early signs of efficacy approaches.
- Leverage precompetitive consortia and academic collaborations to advance pipeline goals.
- Provide clinical translational strategies for early preclinical programs.
- Work across the matrix to deliver robust target engagement/proof of mechanism strategies in the NS portfolio for both preclinical and clinical stages.
- Propose appropriate disease and target specific patient enrichment strategies and generate translational clinical development plans.
- Support companion diagnostic and other personalized medicine initiatives as needed. Work with development/commercial/regulatory teams to champion new technologies to examine drug efficacy and patient/physician interfaces.
- Provide clinical lead and medical monitor support for NS portfolio programs.
- Medical Doctor (M.D), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), or non-US equivalent of M.D. degree with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment. Completion of a residency program strongly preferred. Completion of a subspecialty fellowship is desirable.
- Ability to run a clinical research study with appropriate supervision.
- Strong desire to collaborate in a cross-functional setting.
- Clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory and compliance requirements governing clinical trials and experience in the design of study protocols is desirable.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global scientific and business strategy.
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled