Network Operations Lead
Recognized as an expert in specific functional area. Responsible for high-level systems administration, research, planning, design and support of the extremely complex enterprise technologies- data networking, computing platforms, and/or collaboration/messaging platforms. Leads technology specific tactical initiatives that encompass multiple technologies. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Defines, plans, and designs innovative network, collaboration, and platform infrastructure solutions, including integrated financial analysis of technical alternatives across technology disciplines to meet business requirements and appropriate backup/redundancy requirements. Successfully negotiates technical design and deployment strategy with divisional clients.
- Leads efforts to define standards in specific areas of expertise. Leads the development, prepares recommendation and secures approval. Serves as the technical subject matter expert and provides consulting support to Division IT and end-user organizations.
- Produces and maintains timely, accurate engineering, implementation, operations documentation. Develops Standard Operating Procedure's. Presents proposed changes to the Infrastructure Review Boards. Designs system tests and performs capacity planning. Leads technical projects that are focused on introduction of new infrastructure.
- Establishes criteria and performs technology evaluations, including lab analysis and proof of concept along with supporting analysis and documentation. Evaluates new products. Frequently interacts with suppliers to influence their products and services in directions favorable to AbbVie. Typically interacts with product development, engineering, service, and product management.
- Participates in the development of AbbVie's IT Strategy; produces technical position papers and delivers design recommendations. Applies experience to improve functional area business processes or compliance. Leverages tools to enhance functional area productivity.
- Provides technical direction and mentors staff and peer organizations in area of expertise. Participates in the development of AbbVie's IT Strategy; produces technical position papers and delivers design recommendations. Applies experience to improve functional area business processes or compliance. Leverages tools to enhance functional area productivity.
- Provides technical direction and mentors staff and peer organizations in area of expertise. Participates in bridging the gap between technology disciplines. Integrates knowledge of technical standards with communication, leadership and business skills. Participates in establishing technology-specific vision and strategy.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication, other related field. Preferred Certifications: CISSP, CCNP, MCSE, CCIE.
- 4-8 years IT experience with Fortune 500; 5000+ nodes.
- Demonstrated knowledge across infrastructure disciplines and technologies. Demonstrated systems integration expertise.
- Provides technical thought leadership within the IE/IS organization. Provides technical leadership in both business-as-usual and crisis conditions. Responsible for briefing Management on topics ranging from risk analysis, financial implications, to crisis management. Leads cross-departmental projects. Recognized for sound judgment and leadership.
- Delivers technology solutions and works on complex technical problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative. Develops technical ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives. Works under management direction to achieve organization objectives, uncover, and resolve issues.
- Assignments are typically self-initiated; individual is self-directed.
- Supports AbbVie Operations Worldwide. Demonstrates a strong customer-centric approach, an empathy for global cultural differences, and excellent communications skills. Responsible for Technology evaluations. Participates in the development Enterprise IT Strategy.