Manager, Competitive Intelligence
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. AbbVie is striving to outsmart cancer by working with scientists, physicians, industry peers, patient advocacy groups and, most importantly, patients to discover, develop, and provide new therapies that will have a remarkable impact on the lives of people around the world affected by cancer. Our goal is to provide medicines that make a transformational improvement in cancer treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. By exploring and investing in new pathways, technologies, and approaches, AbbVie is breaking ground in some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. We are also exploring solutions to help patients obtain access to our cancer medicines. With the acquisition of Pharmacyclics in 2015 and Stemcentrx in 2016, and through several collaborations, AbbVie's oncology portfolio consists of marketed medicines and a pipeline containing multiple new molecules being actively evaluated worldwide in 200+ clinical trials in 20+ different cancers and tumor types. For more information about AbbVie Oncology, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com. The Manager, Competitive Intelligence (CI) Oncology supports strategic commercial efforts by providing objective, in-depth, and actionable intelligence about current and future market and competitive forces. The Manager Competitive Intelligence acts as a partner to the US commercial teams with expertise in current and future competitive drivers in the marketplace as well as functional expertise in how to use competitive intelligence to inform strategies. Major Responsibilities:
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint of potential disruptive forces and pending market and competitive drivers, based on an advanced understanding and analysis of healthcare dynamics, commercial, clinical and scientific competitive information
- Collaborate on CI strategy within specified tumor type(s) to ensure franchise teams have actionable intelligence and understanding of relevant competitors and competitive landscape, and translate CI deliverables into business implications that inform near and long-term strategies
- Execute CI plan by coordinating the collection of CI from secondary and primary sources, managing external vendors. Synthesize and disseminate intelligence and associated implications
- Assist with the coordination, planning and execution of company-wide CI activities at US scientific conferences and consolidate and report back critical findings and implications
- Act as CI lead, demonstrating awareness and understanding of appropriate CI applications and key internal and external data/information sources
- Collaborate across clinical, medical and regulatory to inform CI viewpoint
- Ensure all CI activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree required (life science or related degree is a plus).
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in the pharma/biotech industry in a commercial or clinical role; and/or consulting experience, with at least 4 years' experience in competitive intelligence. Oncology Experience preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Executives.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and standing out as a successful collaborator
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box