Senior Scientist, PK Data
The DMPK Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) in Worcester, MA is seeking a highly motivated PK data scientist to join our team to conduct PK and ADME characterization supporting discovery of novel biologics therapeutic agents for the treatment of immunological diseases, oncology, and neurological disorders. The ABC DMPK group is equipped with state or art analytical instruments in both ligand binding assay and mass spec. The group has both project support responsibility for Immunology at Worcester site, and also has global bioanalytical responsibilities in providing non-GLP PK, BA and ADA method development and sample analysis for biologics projects across all therapeutic areas at AbbVie. The DMPK PK data scientist will be responsible for designing preclinical PK studies to understand the PK and disposition biologics drug candidates, experience with mAb, ADCs fusion protein PK studies are desired. The data scientist will responsible for generating PK/TK and PK/PD data analysis plans, providing pharmacokinetic (PK), toxicokinetics (TK) and PK /pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) data analysis and reporting to discovery and early development projects using standard as well as innovative analytical methods including ELN, LIMS, WinNonLin/Phoenix, R package and etc., for milestone transitions spanning multiple therapeutic areas. In addition, the data scientist will bridge bioanalytical data analysis (ligand binding and mass spec) to PK/TK and PK/PD data analysis and facilitate the development of streamlined processes for bioanalytical data review. The successful candidate will also be responsible for identifying electronic tools to support streamlined data analysis coming from high throughput bioanalytical operations, ensure alignment with BA team on quality assurance practices while managing tight timelines. Qualifications: Basic:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmacology, or other relevant fields with 10+ (BS), 8+(MS), or 0+ (Ph.D) years of experience
- Strong knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and bioanalytical principles, drug metabolism, ADME concepts are also critical. Experience using Phoenix/WinNonlin or other pharmacokinetic software is required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills required. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to represent DMPK in a team environment are essential.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.