Senior Specialist, Employee Relations
*Position will be either Specialist or Manager based on candidate experience. The Specialist of Employee Relations will be responsible for executing the delivery of employee relations services to employees and managers in the US. This position will provide a single point of contact for efficiently providing highly accessible expert employee relations interface across multiple businesses. The Specialist for Employee Relations will be responsible for proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive and productive work environment. This position ensures compliance with all relevant country laws, regulations, policies and practices. Responsibilities:
- Provide expert consultative and problem solving services to managers, employees and Business HR partners regarding HR policies and practices. Ensure compliance with all relevant country laws, regulations, policies and practices. Conducts or supports investigations into employee relations issues. Effectively and accurately maintains confidential ER data in both systems and other filing mechanisms.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate Policies and procedures. Ensure professional service is provided at all times in accordance with the expectations and guidelines of the ER department. Participate in, or, leads well-defined ER projects. Provide ER related training to the business.
- Independently resolve policy & practice inquiries, performance management, workplace accommodations, and other appropriately assigned cases. Support or manage ER Investigations with guidance from manager. Provide guidance, information and service under general supervision.
- Thinking is independent but structured by broad principles/procedures in multiple businesses and/or countries. Educate management on using appropriate Performance Management skills/tools to gain business advantage. Build and foster relationships with the business.
- Work closely with customers to jointly design solutions, balancing business, employee and legal needs. Gather relevant information systematically. Appropriately document information related to cases and recommended outcomes. Take a broad view of the problem looking at all alternatives and assesses impact on other groups before applying a solution.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and execute to achieve favorable outcomes. Being able to execute while balancing risk with business objectives. Decisions and actions have short-term impact on organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Employee Relations or related field. Strong organizational skills that include taking appropriate action to move open cases forward to resolution in a timely manner. Knowledge in MS Office - Windows environment.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Employee Relations or other HR experience. Knowledge of HR regulations, policies and procedures. Effective verbal and written communication skills that support building strong partnerships, appropriate influence, and portraying an objective and defensible position on situations.
- Exercise strong business judgment that is aligned with broad organizational philosophies and practices and is compliant with regulations. Makes effective decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance. Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.