Area Market Access Manager- LATAM
The Area Market Access Manager for Latin America is responsible for market access, pricing and reimbursement issues primarily associated with on- marketed drugs and near launch phase III products. This position reports to the Area Market Access Director and its main objective is help develop a comprehensive market access strategy for the region while at the same time provide guidance and support to the Area Commercial Directors and marketing teams of each franchise. Among the broad range of responsibilities of this role are developing pricing strategies and sensible value propositions to assist in obtaining reimbursement (driving volume) and maximizing margin for our business. Guide, coordinate, plan, and prioritize the broad area of market access capabilities to design and implement innovative market access solutions into the changing market environment while driving cross-functional teamwork placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage cross-functional task forces to elaborate key insights for new products (prior to Phase 3) and help better tailor clinical development to ensure optimized access and price.
- Ensure pricing and reimbursement in the Latin America Affiliates is aligned to and leverages other commercial strategies in order to meet or exceed affiliate plan.
- Develop strategies and plans for improving market access (formulary listings, coverage expansion, pricing, funding, among many other) for new and existing products
- Work closely with other functions such as Medical and Government Affairs to build networks, understanding and close partnerships with key decision makers and leverage influence through joint programs of action in order to maximize AbbVie brands success.
- Ensure close collaboration with Global and maintain awareness and understanding of the impact of Latin America Affiliates' decisions on AbbVie's global business and vice versa in order to ensure Area and Global strategies and tactics are aligned with those of the Affiliate to meet both, local and Area/Global needs to maximize momentum on delivering brand performance.
- Anticipate and influence Contracting and Tendering situations and develop strategies in order to deal with C&T challenges and maximize their opportunities for the business.
- Role model AbbVie WWW behavior and enable the Brand Team matrix to work in order to achieve high quality strategy and execution capability in all allocated brands.
- Good understanding of the regional (Latin America) healthcare environment, legal and regulatory frameworks that would affect business
- Monitor and report local and regional (Latin America) trends in health policies and activities, in particular any important local and regional policy in terms of pricing, reimbursement, and authority's working plans which would impact business, and develop effective response strategies and action plans accordingly to ensure business benefit
- Reduce health economic barriers for prescribers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience with proven track record of success in delivering commercial results and/or being responsible for product access to market.
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare environment, including deep knowledge of payer and provider mechanisms, funding flows, and legislation affecting market access of pharmaceutical products.
- Good understanding of area healthcare systems to have an area-wide perspective for local affiliate decisions.
- Proven track record of successful leadership, management and coaching of teams and individuals, and in having developed talent and performance managed low performers (if applicable).
- Ability to drive complex cross-functional collaboration to involve and to align Market Access strategy with other business strategies.
- English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries)
- Relevant experience working within a payer and provider organization
- Relevant international health care environment experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled