Night Shift Senior Electrician
Responsible for electrical maintenance, repair, and improvement for process and facility systems. Work includes troubleshooting, ordering, installation and maintenance of high voltage and low voltage systems. Will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature of the processes and the equipment connected to the electrical system. Applies his/her full knowledge of these systems in the performance of troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Conduct testing of conductor insulation, transformer coils, circuit breakers and related switchgear on a routine basis using testing equipment such as a turns ratio tester, megger, load tester and ultrasonic sensors.
- Must be able to follow proper procedures, both written and verbal.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), whether used for Distributive Control Systems (DCS) or emergency lighting, located throughout the plant. This includes testing, maintenance of back-up batteries, and preventive maintenance on electronic components.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance testing on transformer minizones and back-up generator system.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of Soft Starts and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs). Must be able to troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on this equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Process Controls/DCS or Infrared Thermography. Must be able to demonstrate competence in any of these specialized fields in the work setting.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on motor control centers. Understand motor load characteristics and conduct diagnostic testing on motors both in the energized and de-energized state.
- Demonstrate understanding of AbbVie Electrical Standards, NEC, and GMP requirements pertaining to the equipment in the assigned zone. Applies his/her full knowledge of these requirements in the conduct of his/her function.
- Must know basic CMMS(Computerized Maintenance Management System) functions and how to use various queries pertaining to maintenance activities such as ordering parts.
- Must have a high school education or equivalent.
- Five or more years related experience in a commercial or industrial work environment, which may include completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship program.
- Must be an AbbVie-qualified Level 4 electrician.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled