Associate Scientist, Raw Materials
The Associate Scientist performs laboratory testing within a fast paced GMP environment in support of one or more of the following areas; raw materials, in-process product, final Bulk product, stability, and/or validation. Analyzes test data and evaluates results. Writes procedures with guidance.
Works under the guidance of a supervisor but is able to manage time efficiently in achieving timely completion of assigned duties. Assists in trending data to support assay performance. Assists in writing lab Investigation reports.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Performs test methods as written to support product/material release.
- Understands and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Understands, implements and maintains GMP with respect to laboratory records, procedures and systems in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Will perform a multitude of laboratory techniques for which they are trained.
- Accepts responsibility to complete assigned tasks as committed. works with others to maintain a positive atmosphere to accomplish business objectives.
- Revises procedures as necessary and provides support for department.
- Helps maintain trend reports, which support departmental performance.
- Support investigations.
- Will effectively perform a multitude of laboratory techniques for which they are trained on with minimal error.
- BA/BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, Biology or equivalent science degree with at least 3 years of experience required.
- Masters Degree with at least 1+ year year of experience preferred
- Raw materials experience required to be considered
- Maintains their certifications as needed for assigned job tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled