2018 Experiential Intern (Graduate) - Manufacturing Science & Technology
The AbbVie Experiential Internship Program
As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an experiential intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students.
Department Overview - Manufacturing Science & Technology: Combination Product
FDA defines the Combination Product comprised of two or more regulated components, such as drug/device, biologic/device, drug/biologic, or drug/device/biologic that are physically, chemically, or otherwise combined produced as a single entity. The project is on lyophilization product and process.
Employing lyophilization shelf design, material heat conductivity and using steady-state modeling to optimize heat transfer and establish uniform lyo temperature distribution within the lyo chamber for lyo drug product's freeze-dry process. With the improved design and selected material heat conductivity, it is expected to mitigate lyo edge/corner effect, if not complete elimination, within the lyo chamber to optimize lyo process and improve lyo product quality.
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Graduate Level Student
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
- Computer modeling on Lyo Process with skill set in design and material properties for optimization
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled