The function of the Maintenance Supervisor is to improve work force productivity, make safety and quality enhancements, and achieve Maintenance Excellence KPI's within LCSO Lake County Maintenance and Construction Services, while supervising individuals in the maintenance organization. This will be achieved by identifying, communicating, and eliminating potential delays, obstacles, and schedule conflicts. Within the role, the maintenance supervisor will act as the primary liaison for cross-functional partners and be the point person for maintenance related items that occur on the shop floor. The maintenance supervisor will also be responsible for collecting, compiling, organizing and reporting out on maintenance related KPI's. In addition, the maintenance supervisor will provide project management for maintenance continuous improvement efforts.
Key Responsibilities Include
Key Responsibilities Include
- Supervisory responsibility for maintenance function including performance evaluation, talent acquisition, succession planning, training and talent development, and performance management. Will perform "hands on" work within area of responsibility, as required.
- Ensures compliance with safety requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures in your group.
- Maintains accurate files and necessary records to prepare and distribute control reports.
- Initiates or implements changes of both physical and written procedures including job plans.
- The principal liaison person between the maintenance group and departments served by maintenance. Ensures the areas in which assigned to receive prompt, efficient, and quality service from the maintenance function. Communicates all events/issues with appropriate individuals.
- Meeting the deadlines established by the requesting department and maintaining the preventative maintenance schedule is essential. Will make decisions regarding priority levels, scheduling strategies, cost saving programs, and analyze vendor performance (where applicable) with minimal supervision from management. If work cannot be scheduled within the prescribed time, prompt notification to customer is required.
- Makes tactical decisions regarding response time based on priority of requested work.
- Financial responsibilities include delivering cost savings and supporting the management of the site maintenance budget.
- Performance against site maintenance KPI's.
- Meets routinely with operations and other functional areas to monitor performance of the group. Expected to maintain service levels by supporting plant operations coordination and scheduling of maintenance and calibration activities. Interfaces with Engineering Services, Operations Manager and other Supervisors on evaluation, development, implementation and management aspects of the position.
- Bachelor Science Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience, or a Technical degree with 5+ years of experience in one of the relevant trades (Mechanical, Pipefitting/Welding, Electrical or HVAC).
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- cGMP and Good Documentation Experience 2 years minimum.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System: 2 years preferred.
- Technical Experience (Engineering, Maintenance, HVAC, Electrical) a significant advantage.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Possesses planning and organizational skills.
- Familiar with P&ID drawings, loop diagrams, one line schematics, etc.
- Comfortable with advanced functions of Microsoft Office suite
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled