Director/Associate Director Marketing, Managed Healthcare - Oncology
The Director/Associate Director, Oncology Managed Healthcare Marketing, will be responsible for the development and execution of Managed Healthcare strategies.
Working across the Payer, Channel, Health Systems, and Policy teams in the Integrated Managed Healthcare organization, this individual will be responsible for Oncology managed care related activities. Specifically, this individual will lead strategies and tactics related to payer value propositions and marketing mix, with the goal of ensuring appropriate patient access. This role will provide reimbursement and access input and guidance as part of and in collaboration with members of the Integrated Brand Team including brand marketing, sales, Healthcare Solutions/medical affairs, HEOR, Marketing & Business Insights, and others. The role also will serve as the key liaison between AbbVie MHC and the external joint collaboration partnership.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the marketing and quality system by:
- Fostering teamwork across multiple stakeholders by informing the Integrated Brand Team's' investment decisions with analyses related to pricing and marketing programs across all payer types as AbbVie navigates through the complex and evolving payer/ reimbursement and access landscape in Oncology.
- Develop and embed core principles of a successful launch strategy, crossing medical and pharmacy benefits, from a reimbursement, access, and distribution perspective across managed care, oncology franchise, and external partner collaboration teams
- Drive for results through the oversight of managed healthcare account manager execution via clear and concise communication and delivering high impact training initiatives
- Strategic and tactical plan development for managed care teams
Accountability / Scope:
- Goals will directly align with market share and financial performance of products. Other goals will align with Integrated Brand Team goals, and with account manager goals to ensure accountability throughout the Payer organization.
- Bachelor's Degree is required to enable this individual to demonstrate an appropriate level of business acumen, the ability to process scientific information and financial analysis.
- Previous Oncology experience
- Product launch experience
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and drive results
- 7 years of pharmaceutical marketing and sales experience
- Master's Degree
- Oncology sales experience
- Experience with external collaboration partnership
- 3 years Managed Care experience
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled