Senior Scientist, Oncology Biomarkers
AbbVie Oncology is currently offering an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Scientist. In this role you will join an experienced team to support biomarker efforts for AbbVie sponsored clinical trials. As a member of both research and clinical development project teams he/she will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment to support projects across all phases of clinical development.
- Support the development and implementation of biomarker strategies for one or more clinical trials.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to execute all aspects of translational and clinical biomarker research.
- Implement standardized and cutting edge tools to characterize drug mechanisms, implement diagnostic strategies, and inform back translation research.
- Author biomarker sections of protocols, ICFs, IRB responses, and others.
- Establish and manage external collaborations to accomplish biomarker research objectives.
- Pro-actively consult primary scientific literature, keep current on state of art technologies and emerging concepts in oncology.
- PhD with 4+ years of related work experience.
- Master's Degree with 10+ years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of related work experience.
- Strong scientific background in tumor cell biology supported by publication record; expertise in hematologic malignancies is valued.
- Experience in assay development, qualification and implementing biomarker assays on diverse platforms, including IHC/IF, gene expression profiling and flow cytometry.
- Demonstrated expertise in translational sciences; employing pharmacodynamic, predictive and exploratory biomarkers.
- Ability to effectively work in a cross-functional team environment, interacting with various levels within the organization as well as vendors/academic sites/KOLs.
- Organization, orientation to details, and effective time management with an ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in the English language.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality