Associate Director, Global Marketing - Oncology
We have a critical new position in our Global Marketing & Commercial Operations group responsible for driving the launch for AbbVie's late stage oncology asset, ABT-414 or depatuxizumab mafodotin (Depatux-M), being developed by AbbVie for the treatment of Glioblastoma (GBM), a deadly and devastating primary cancer of the brain. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and articulates effective marketing strategies that are impactful, executable, easily communicated, and clinically supported for areas of responsibility (product/indication/channel).
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
- Creates high-impact promotional material that supports strategic objectives.
- Leads and manages indirect teams and external partnerships to execute key marketing initiatives.
- Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively manages projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines).
- Ensures that regulatory guidelines are followed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry information sources.
- Develops a thorough understanding and knowledge of the product, disease state, overall oncology business and challenges.
- Effectively directs market research team efforts in primary market research projects.
- Demonstrates and utilizes holistic understanding of financial planning.
- Oncology expertise with 5+ years of experience including launch experience.
- Significant pharmaceutical industry experience with specialty products (10 years), including minimum 5 years of marketing experience including global.
- Oncology expertise with 5+ years of current oncology experience.
- Prior marketing launch experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product and application to marketing strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Must demonstrate strong written and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent planning and organization skills to support brand objectives.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with, motivate and influence various levels/grades within the organization and outside of the organization.
- MBA and/or a scientific background.
- Demonstrates strong cross functional and cross geographical influence and leading without authority capability.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns and adapts quickly, grasping concepts and changing course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled