The workload planning activities provided by this position expedite, streamline and otherwise provide a positive influence and increased productivity for services provided by the maintenance department. This position requires a self-starter who challenges the status quo. This position will support effective and efficient job execution by identifying and performing job investigation, plan development, material procurement, standard data application, communication, reporting and follow up.
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Supports daily labor force planning / scheduling for 18 - 25 people.
- Identifies jobs which are to be planned and creates time and resource estimates by conducting field checks and review of work requests before planning sequence of operations, by contacting the production department coordinator, facility engineer, or supervisor to determine the exact requirements and the job priority.
- Creates, identifies, reviews and communicates job or work plans to include personnel and material needs.
- Facilitates communication and coordination for jobs or workload through discussions and meetings, preparation of sketches, drawings or vendor literature required to enable the tradesperson to perform the work, through ordering parts and materials from stockroom or from vendors.
- Impacts organizational effectiveness through disciplined approach to workforce planning and scheduling to include daily communications meetings, documentation and report generation from CMMS system.
- Identifies opportunities such as: making arrangements for equipment availability, and coordinating work schedules with maintenance supervisors, group leaders or others needing to be aware or involved.
- Improves integrity of PM program through consideration and maintenance of CMMS data and instruction. (i.e., checklists, thought triggers, spare parts, PM frequency, regulatory compliance, manufacturing schedules, job plan content, preparation of PM request or PM Change Request forms, etc.).
- Coordinates work with other trades or groups and with operating departments, supervisors and facility engineers, outside contractors and/or other AbbVie support service providers, checking on work when completed to assure conformance with standards, codes, specifications, and the expectations of the requestor.
- Analyzes, prepares and distributes assigned performance information, captures data and creates performance reports, coordination of other special programs, as assigned by the Supervisor, to facilitate work area and overall department effectiveness.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree or equivalent, in a trades related field, in addition to a minimum of 10 years of "hands on" work experience as a Sr. tradesperson.
- This education and work history insures adequate knowledge and experience is brought to the position to identify and deliver enhanced operational effectiveness.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have multi-skilled trades capability and be familiar with the application and operation of all basic maintenance tools and equipment used by various trades groups.
- Must be knowledgeable of various computer systems and programs used in maintenance operations.
- Must be knowledgeable of AbbVie policies and procedures involving and impacting maintenance operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled