Sales Representative, Rheumatology - Raleigh, North Carolina
The Immunology Specialist executes brand strategy and tactics in field, sales performance, effectively manages assigned territory and targeted accounts, builds strong customer relationships and customer needs, solves the capability to maximize short and long term sales performance placing the patient into the center of any efforts and operates within AbbVie's business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs (key performance indicators), financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. in order to meet or exceed on those objectives.
- Create pre-call plan using SMART objectives and execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action in order to close on every sales call.
- Proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges in order to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AbbVie and customers.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers in order to maximize access and sales opportunities. Identify and explore opportunity areas to grow customer target base where there is potential and provide field insights that assess and validate viability.
- Continuously build understanding on customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical and sales expertise and share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team and sales manager to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie's value proposition with health providers assigned and identify, develop and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximize brand performance.
- Required to satisfy all applicable health care industry rep (HCIR) credentialing (cred'g) requirements to gain & maintain entry into facilities and orgs in assigned territory. Must be in good standing and/or eligible to obtain these credentials. These HCIR cred'g requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases, fingerprinting & specific licenses required by states or cities.
- Bachelor's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
- Proven track record of success in selling and demonstrates solid presentation skills, preferably in specialty sales.
- Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product and competitive knowledge and is recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities that can elevate the team and identify new opportunity areas and gaps.
- Proactively identifies customer style / behavior and adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges.
- Provides impact with ideas for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes.
- Influences others & is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers.
- Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and matrix team, etc.
- Leadership experience as a territory manager, or project manager, with a peer rep team or collaborative peer matrix team
- Helps navigate through potential undefined opportunity areas to find solutions and work with matrix team to validate and establish solutions
- Candidates will also be assessed on their ability to relocate to Chicago in 2 years for developmental opportunities; willingness to relocate to be developed.
- Proven track record of success in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas.
- Commercial pharmaceutical industry experiences such as physician/account based selling, training, managed health care or marketing preferred
- English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries)
- Leadership experience in a peer setting
- External: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists and others depending on brand plan
- Internal: District Sales Managers, in-field team members, Brand Plan stakeholders, National Sales Managers, Business Unit Managers, Training, Customer Excellence
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled