Associate Director/Director, US Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
The Director / Associate Director, US Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) will be responsible for the development and execution of HEOR's strategies and research activities associated with the value-based evidence initiatives in immunology.
Working within a matrix including Medical, Payer, Channel, Health Systems, and Policy teams, the HEOR expert will lead the strategy, planning and team in the execution of external research collaborations to support value-based medicine in immunology. The leader will also be responsible to plan, design, develop scientific protocols and execute research studies aligned to AbbVie's value-based medicine requirements. The leader will leverage new and existing relationships with external partners in healthcare (payer, IDN, academic, employer) to identify innovative approaches to developing solutions for value-based medicine. They will be responsible for internal communication with senior management to drive success. This position may have a potential for managing direct reports.
- Preferred: PhD in Economics, Econometrics, or (pharmaco) epidemiology or any other related field with 5-7 years of relevant experience. Will consider PharmD/MD with 7-10 years relevant experience and background. Level commensurate with experience.
- At least 2 years of experience leading a matrix team or direct reports
- Deep knowledge of the US healthcare environment
- Payer-focused research experience in immunology with emphasis on value-based medicine expertise
- Proven understanding of customer-based HEOR scientific research
- 5+ years of experience conducting Health Economics Research within the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Very effective working within a highly matrix environment
Must possess excellent technical and clinical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled