Principal Research Scientist, Oncology Biomarkers
AbbVie Oncology is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Principal Research Scientist. In this role you will join an experienced team to lead biomarker efforts for Abbvie sponsored clinical trials. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have experience in the development and execution of biomarker strategies in clinical trials. As a member of both research and clinical development project teams he/she will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment to support projects across all phases of clinical development.
- Lead biomarker strategies for one or more clinical trials
- Serve as point of contact for all aspects of clinical biomarker strategy providing scientific expertise and leadership to programs
- Partner with clinical and discovery groups to create high quality biomarker strategies in the clinic
- Implement standardized and cutting edge tools to characterize drug mechanisms, implement diagnostic strategies, and inform back translation research
- Leadership of biomarker subteams to enable cross functional collaboration on biomarker implementation
- Author biomarker sections of protocols, ICFs, IRB responses, regulatory documents, and others
- Pro-actively consult primary scientific literature, keep current on state of art technologies and emerging concepts in oncology
- PhD with 8+ years of related work experience
- Master's Degree with 14+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree with 16+ years of related work experience
- Strong scientific background in tumor biology and immuno-oncology supported by publication record in these areas
- Clinical development experience interacting with teams conducting clinical trials
- Demonstrated leadership in translational sciences, employing pharmacodynamic, predictive and exploratory biomarkers
- Experience in analysis of large datasets and knowledge of biostatistics
- Experience in assay development, qualification and implementing biomarker assays on diverse platforms including IHC/IF, gene expression profiling, flow cytometry
- Companion diagnostics development experience is a plus
- Effectively work in a cross-functional team environment, interacting with various levels within the organization as well as vendors/academic sites/KOLs
- Organization, orientation to details, and effective time management with an ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in the English language
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled