Commercial Director, Oncology- LATAM
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and driving the strategic business plan and lifecycle management strategy for the Oncology Franchise
- Ensuring development and execution of Specialty Products and positioning, global campaigns and programs, while ensuring optimization of franchise P&L
- Representing Oncology Latin America in the GPTs, actively engaging in LRP and Portfolio processes, and providing input for business development projects
- Leads teams, departments and organizations - interacting with affiliate GMs, Area VPs and colleagues to build opportunities and conduct business for the greater good of AbbVie.
- Anticipates reactions of others and plans communication and actions accordingly
Influences senior level stakeholders to gain resources and commitment to priorities
- Narrows in on key drivers when presented with analysis of issues/problems and considers broader “big picture” implications as they affect different levels of the organization
- Builds environment where people are encouraged to speak up and point out insights
- Able to distill very broad and complex issues into simple root causes and optimal solutions or action plans
- Demonstrates strong understanding of strategic levers in various markets
Considers diversity of audience when communicating
- Understands global or regional trends, trade issues, politics, policies and global economics
- Identifies opportunities that are in AbbVie's best interests and pursues them with limited resources
- Predicts impact of problems in one market on other markets and brings people together to proactively manage the risk
- Removes organizational hurdles for team members to be successful
- Fosters a culture that supports informed risk-taking, creativity and best-in-class practices
- Looks at different ways to motivate, lead and accomplish large initiatives
- Eliminates non-value-added work, focuses on priorities and shifts group to refocus when necessary.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive career experience within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is a requirement. International experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. MBA is preferred.
- Experience in developing product marketing strategies and product positions is also required as is outstanding business judgment as demonstrated by a track record in planning, marketing, sales and analytical roles.
- Demonstration of cross-functional leadership capabilities and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated success translating corporate business goals into strategic marketing and business development initiatives significantly impacting the business.
- Influence and advise executive leadership on future market trends and business development opportunities.
- A decision maker, not afraid to challenge the status quo with a history of strong leadership.
- Ability to develop a cohesive team and work across organizational boundaries.
- Spanish Fluency is required