3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures; Assist in ensuring that Good Manufacturing Practices and Safe Work Policies and Procedures are followed and maintained at all times in accordance with established company policies.
- Performs routine mechanical maintenance work on plant and/or production equipment such as pumps, blowers, compressors, etc., located throughout AbbVie Lake County sites.
- Works under supervision of Senior Mechanic(s) and/or Group Leader, but exercises ability and job knowledge to perform independent mechanical repair work of a less complicated nature.
- Performs preventive maintenance and/or routine work, as assigned, and utilizes multi-skill capabilities and expertise to do other work as delegated by the Group Leader and/or Senior Trades Person(s).
- Installs bearings, seals, belts and associated apparatus, etc., on various plant and production equipment.
- Utilizes troubleshooting expertise and capability to perform all work according to AbbVie Engineering Standards.
- Orders materials and parts from the stockroom and initiates work orders, house requisitions, miscellaneous purchase requisitions, and various other documents that may be required.
- With experience in this grade, may assume more difficult and complicated assignments including duties and responsibilities indicated under Senior Maintenance Mechanic.
- Required to work in various locations and environments throughout AbbVie Lake County sites while performing mechanical repairs and other job related activities. Some locations contain exposure to noise, chemicals, biohazards, odors, dirt and dust, humidity, hot and cold temperatures, heights, and confined spaces, which require continuous awareness of safe working procedures and policies.
- May be required to work outside during inclement weather and adverse working conditions.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent , 2 or more years of applied mechanical theory and hands on work experience in commercial or industrial work environment desirable.
- Must possess basic mechanical aptitude along with basic understanding of physics and mechanical theory and applications.
- Must know how to use a full complement of mechanic's hand tools, measuring devices and trade related power tools.
- Must be able to operate shop equipment and have ability to perform different aspects of equipment installation and maintenance.
- Must be able to understand basic schematic drawings on mechanical parts and systems.
- Must have ability to perform basic troubleshooting and mechanical repairs and to install mechanical equipment and accessories according to applicable standards.
- Must be able to learn Computerized maintenance management system functions and how to use various inquiries pertaining to maintenance activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled