National Sales Trainer
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. AbbVie is striving to outsmart cancer by working with scientists, physicians, industry peers, patient advocacy groups and, most importantly, patients to discover, develop, and provide new therapies that will have a remarkable impact on the lives of people around the world affected by cancer. Our goal is to provide medicines that make a transformational improvement in cancer treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. By exploring and investing in new pathways, technologies, and approaches, AbbVie is breaking ground in some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. We are also exploring solutions to help patients obtain access to our cancer medicines. With the acquisition of Pharmacyclics in 2015 and Stemcentrx in 2016, and through several collaborations, AbbVie's oncology portfolio consists of marketed medicines and a pipeline containing multiple new molecules being actively evaluated worldwide in 200+ clinical trials in 20+ different cancers and tumor types. For more information about AbbVie Oncology, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com. Supports the Managed Healthcare, Market Access Organization in the design and delivery of Oncology training solutions to the field sales organization. Accountable to ensure Sales Effectiveness, Key Account Management techniques, and Channel and Brand Strategy are represented in all training programs and solutions. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Execution: Design, develop, and deliver compliant and impactful learning solutions and value-propositions, with SMART objectives, that focus on effectiveness and efficiency through the leveraging of adult learning principles and value-based curriculum design.
- Agility: Use critical and strategic thinking, tactical agility, and innovative techniques, to plan, anticipate and navigate the challenges of the various classroom and learning settings.
- Communication: Foster open communication across stakeholders. Provide value-centric feedback and coaching (utilizing models and frameworks) to trainees and their managers including planful and actionable next-steps for optimized performance impact in the field.
- Collaboration (Internal): Nurture and cultivate credible and trusting relationships across the organization at all levels. Set clear and consistent expectations, and message clearly with all Business Partners in line with their strategic imperatives (Sales & Marketing, Leadership, HR, Regulatory and other critical Commercial Support teams).
- Collaboration (External): Foster and maintain excellent and compliant partnerships with external contributors and stakeholders such as speakers, customers, consultants, vendors and agencies.
- Anticipation: Understand the market landscape, industry dynamics and potential future complexities as it pertains to the portfolio, across the 5P ecosystem of Patient, Provider/Prescribing, Payer, Policy, and Pharma. Know the product portfolio and portfolio lifecycle intimately and coalesce Market and Portfolio knowledge in the agile and anticipatory curriculum design and delivery process.
- Support: Implement frequent touch-points with field management in order to identify habit and behavior trends and training needs. Use this information to maintain a closed-loop and dynamic approach to emergent individual or team development optimization opportunities.
- Alignment: Align curriculum design and deployment with the business strategy and milestones, being infinitely flexible with planning. Be in constant lock-step with Business Partners strategies, and links delivery to desired business outcomes in the various settings.
- Productivity: Maximize productive time of sales team through effective use of event collaboration, creative use of technology and exemplary time-management and planning.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Evidenced knowledge of, and direct commercial experience with and/or within, Managed Market entities and/or Managed Healthcare Channel specific organizations, and knowledge of the regulatory and compliance fundamentals of transacting in the US Healthcare market access space, for both medical and pharmacy benefits.
- Advanced knowledge and exposure to either the Oncology/Immuno-Oncology marketplace, or other physician-administered infusion-drug marketplace, and deep understanding of market access processes, landscape, and regulatory compliance fundamentals.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical product lifecycles.
- At least 3 years successful field sales, strategic account management, or field product or process specialism experience, in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of key account management and evidenced involvement in strategic selling processes, with a preference for some evidenced team leadership, and strong understanding of the key drivers of success in a commercial organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently across departments, disciplines and hierarchies. Demonstrated success in gaining consistent leadership approval for training curriculum/organizational development/process change programs
- Understand what drives sustainable competitive advantage in the field as measured by speed of learning and adaptation of process and material, to adapt to new product competitors, new market entrants, and emergent and disruptive industry trends.
- Ability to integrate business trends, brand strategies, and marketplace drivers into plans that drive competitive advantage to the organization.
- Evidence of successfully deploying an organizational, value-based, change management process clearly underpinned by exemplary stakeholder communication skills, credible and trusting partnerships, and 100% alignment with Business strategic imperatives.