Standards Lab Technician II
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
To maintain, calibrate, service, troubleshoot and repair measuring and test equipment (M&TE), and analytical laboratory equipment. Maintain primary standards used in calibration of field standards May be required to work on a variety of electrical, electronic, mechanical, optical types, and or analytical laboratory equipment of M&TE.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Performs skilled calibrations/services on MT&E according to written policy and procedures.
- Performs repairs on all types of MT&E equipment and standards..
- Processes electronic work orders, house requisitions, miscellaneous purchase orders and various other administrative activities that support daily job functions. Appropriate documentation of calibration work orders with accuracy and timeliness.
- Communicates, through various means, such as email, voicemail, and maintenance management system (Maximo) the status of ongoing calibration/repair activities.
- Completes all necessary qualifications on documents including calibration procedures and standard operating procedures in a timely manner. Completes all necessary training requirements including scheduled training, computer based, and any other training identified in development plan.
- Develops recommendations for solving hardware and measurement problems. Assist in development of techniques as necessary to ascertain that newly acquired standards and perform calibrations in accordance with required specifications. •Assists in establishing and documenting appropriate job plans, data sheets, and other service protocols that may be required. •Ensures that GxP and safe work policies and procedures are followed and maintained at all times in accordance with established company policies.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Group Leader, Supervisor, or Senior Supervisor.
- Recommend a high school education with a minimum or 4 years of related work experience. Comparable military service training may be acceptable if it is directly applicable to the job assignment. Education, experience and related military service will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- The Instrument Technician II reports to the Supervisor. The Instrument Technician II may obtain guidance and training from other SME's.
- Must have knowledge of various laboratory, research development, or process instrumentation.
- Expertise in GMP/GLP laboratory practices a plus.
- Must be skilled in troubleshooting various instrumentation utilizing schematics and flowcharts. Ability to learn quickly, the theory and operation of newly purchased analytical and process equipment. Capability to work within and promote a team environment in order to maintain, calibrate, service, troubleshoot and repair measuring and test equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled